Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Out of Darkness


In my own life I have been in a few dark places. I once went to the Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky. If you have ever been on that tour you know that they carry you down into a place that is a great big natural theater and after you have been there a few minutes they turn out the lights. That is probably the darkest place I have ever been. Now there is just something about being submerged in total darkness that the human mind when in its right attitude does not handle well. I have seen individuals as full grown adults that still have a fear of the dark and in some sense I will say that should be a Christian’s stance. We have often been taught that bad things come out in the dark and those things are going to hurt us and some of them might even kill us. So the fear that goes with darkness is something that maybe a natural response for our lives because God never intended that we live in darkness.
In John 1:4-5 we read this simple truth;
4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.  (ESV) 

I know as many of you do that there is still life in darkness but what kind of life. You see life finds a way to survive in those caves and in the darkness that surrounds them. There are underground lakes that have fish in them there are insects and other creatures that live in these dark places. These animals may have eyes but they do not work; at least not in any fashion that is similar to that of a fish or creature that lives in the light. This is the same for us as human beings when we live in darkness we see and experience the world differently than someone who has the true light as part of their life. 

It is often easy to give way to the darkness that enters our life. The loss of a loved one, sickness that overtakes our bodies, desperation in a particular situation are all ways we as people are attacked by the darkness that permeates our world. But we have been given a promise that if we believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior he will replace the darkness in our lives with a blessed light. I can share that with you from my own life experiences. Having Jesus as the center of my life has helped me to deal with the loss of my eldest son and I hold to the promise found in Psalm 119:105 that, “His word will be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Today are you wondering around in the dark? If so let me introduce you to Jesus Christ; he is the one and only light you will ever need. In Him you will find strength to face the darkness that comes at us from the world. I pray God bless you as you walk in the light of His Word everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!