Sunday, June 3, 2012

Moving Forward with a Purpose


When you were saved what was the purpose in it? I had never given this a whole lot of thought in my life before I gave my heart to Jesus. I had been told many different things about God and often people confused me more than anything when I asked questions. I believe the most confusing part after my salvation was the question what do I do next. Like many of you it was all new to me so I prayed and read my bible seeking direction and an answer from God about what he wanted for me to do. I have been given an answer and am working towards the goal He has set for me. Though recently I was studying about missions and in some of the material I was required to read I have learned I serve a missionary God he has been about missionaries from the time of Abraham till today and even while Jesus walked the earth. We serve a missionary God that desires that we be the salt and light to a lost and dying world. An example of this can be found in Psalm 67:1-7;

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah 2 that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. 3 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! 4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. Selah 5 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! 6 The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, shall bless us. 7 God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!

Psalms 67:1-7 (ESV)

The covenant that God made with Israeli is all about the blessing of them as a people and the fact that they were to be salt and light unto the whole world. In their actions they established what others would believe about them and the God that they served. The same thing applies to each of our lives today as we serve Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Too often we fail to pay honor and respect to those we meet along the way. Having forgotten what God has delivered us out of and He has never left us or forsaken Him. He will provide for us Common Grace until we are presented the gospel of Jesus Christ. I challenge you today; are you living a life of one who has been blessed by the greatest gifts available to you under the blessing of obedience to God the Father. Have a truly blessed day as you walk in the Light of the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!