Thursday, October 18, 2012

Not Why But What


This past week I have listened to several wonderful speakers discuss why we have suffering and trials in our lives and it has amazed me as to the varying reasons and lines of though t that have been given for why God allows this. One speaker explained it as part of the discipline of God in a believer’s life. Another shared that it was part of the redemptive plan of God and that often it was the point in which believers began to truly learn to walk with God.  The point that I heard though that really got my attention was when one of them explained that it was alright to ask why of God. Often we struggle with this question; I know I have I often ask Him, yet I really know less today than I thought I did.  Last night as I was reading and studying I was looking at the book of James and with all this other going through my mind I read these words;

 2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

James 1:2-4 (NLT)

As I prayed about it I really believe the question about our trials and suffering becomes not why I lord. But what purpose is God trying to bring about in my life.  It’s alright to ask God why you are enduring this trail go ahead and ask.  If you really want an answer maybe it’s time you change the question to what does He want to change in me. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!