Thursday, June 23, 2011

Are you an Encourager?


Are You an Encourager?

This morning I really want to remind you of the men who are traveling to Panama. I feel like our prayers here will make a great difference in what God works with them and in them while they are there. There are many other needs within our church and community. One I want to mention is another church in our area is having a few growing pains just as we are and have had. Let us lift them up as they are trying to follow God’s leading. I would hope other churches are praying for Calvary. We are only fighting one creature and he wants us all to fail. Folks we are all God’s servants and just trying to share the Gospel.

            “I was a stranger and you took me in.” Matthew 25:35. How do we treat others? Do we represent Jesus well or do we treat those who are different from us in ways that Jesus will one day say when I came to you, you turned your back on me. I surely do not wish to hear those words. As an encourager we should always be willing to except and love those God has placed in our path. We may not like the sin they are living in but as Perry Stone said last night, “you get enough of the Holy Spirit in you nobody has to tell you when you are doing something that is a sin.” But in the meantime Jesus has called us to be hospitable. This is not a new concept.

            1 Peter 4:9, “Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.” It is not always easy to love everyone. Some people will rub you the wrong way no matter how hard you try to love them. If you find yourself in one of those situations I recommend you step back and examine yourself first. The only person we can change is ourselves I know it is hard to do but Scripture tells us, “I can do all things through Christ who strengths me” (Philippians 4:13). Ask Jesus to help you examine your own heart. I love the song, Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath. I have to pray that sometimes when I find myself doubting that Jesus could love someone and even some days I have look in the mirror and pray that same prayer about myself. I am undeserving of the Love that was shown on the Cross at Calvary.

As a Christ disciple we should want to show the love of Jesus in everything that we do and to all those who He puts before us. In Hebrews 13:1-2 I love these verses, “1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.” I will close with that love you all and may God grant you opportunity to show Jesus love for us today with someone who needs to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!