Thursday, June 30, 2011

Do you suffer from Spiritual blindness?


Are we Spiritual Blind?

I want to share a familiar story for most of you, it is found in Mark 10:46-52, “46 Then they reached Jericho, and as Jesus and his disciples left town, a large crowd followed him. A blind beggar named Bartimaeus (son of Timaeus) was sitting beside the road. 47 When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus of Nazareth was nearby, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 48 “Be quiet!” many of the people yelled at him.But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 49 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and said, “Tell him to come here.” So they called the blind man. “Cheer up,” they said. “Come on, he’s calling you!” 50 Bartimaeus threw aside his coat, jumped up, and came to Jesus.51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked. “My rabbi,” the blind man said, “I want to see!”52 And Jesus said to him, “Go, for your faith has healed you.” Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus down the road.”(NLT) Now I want you to understand last night during the Equip class a question was asked, and Pastor Tray explained something about being obedient to the Holy Spirit. I got up think about this story and I love the way God is always at work around us. There are three people involved in this story; Jesus the Individual with the answer, Bartimaeus the individual with the problem and the crowd who was preventing this man from getting his problem solved. Instead of lending a hand to the man in need we see a group of people telling him to be quiet. Instead of trying to help him get closer to Jesus so his need will be meet we see them rebuking him. We say Bartimaeus was blind but he could see his answer to his problem in Jesus. The crowd was the ones who were truly blind they did not move to help this man. They were blind to his needs which in turn made them blind to the answer.

I have to ask you to reflect on something are we today like those in the crowd. Do we allow are spiritual blindness to keep us from seeing those appointments God has established for us? One issue with spiritual blindness that is going to hit close to home is what prejudices are you holding on too. Do you have a problem of color, sexual orientation or any of the other 1000 reasons why we may not associate with someone. When God breathed life into your body he made you eternal he did the same for every other human being on this planet. Each person has worth in His eyes, maybe it’s time we stop allowing our personal issues to place blinders over our eyes. Because Jesus did not come for just those that looked a certain way or acted a certain way He came to save the lost. Folks many times people never know there lost until its to late. I told you I do not save people and nothing I do can sanctify people. All of that is a work of the Holy Spirit. My job is to be a witness to what He has done in me and the power that I have seen Him unleash in situations. But if I am spiritual blind I cannot go where He leads. Let’s ask Him to remove those blinders today and see about sharing the love of God with those who3 need him. Love you and am Praying that everyone that reads this will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!