Saturday, June 25, 2011

Do you fear rejection?


Do you fear rejection?

For most people the answer to that is YES. This one simple question leads us to the understanding of why you and I do not share our faith those who need to hear it. Looking at the types of Christians I have shared about we now need to understand what gets in the way of being actively involved in sharing God’s plan with others. Fear of rejection is #1 in 1 Corinthians 12:3 I want to show you something that changed my thought process, “3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.” I always thought I was the one winning souls for the Kingdom. I am not I am just using the opportunities God brings my way to share a Message of Hope. When someone rejects that message they are not rejecting me personally but the Holy Spirit is not moving on them. He is the one that saves.

My part is to share the Story of God’s plan for salvation. I have found 3 verses that I need to share with you. Psalm 27:13, “I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” Psalm 116:8-9, “For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.” and 2 Corinthians 4:13,” It is written: I believed; therefore I have spoken. With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak.” Today if God has ever done anything for you He has given you a testimony.   Your duty to God is not to count the souls you win but to share what he has done for you. They Holy Spirit will take your faith and testimony and work it for God’s will in the lives of those who here it. But we must be willing to share it.  I will close with my favorite verse of Scripture, 1 Peter 3:15, “15but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” all we are called to do is be obedient vessels and share the Joy each one of us has experienced in our relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!