Friday, August 19, 2011

Why do We serve God?


There are many reasons why we may be motivated to serve God. They come in two major forms horizontal and vertical. The Horizontal are the ones that are down here and around us each day the vertical ones come from our experiences with God what he has done in our lives. Every person on Earth has to deal with the horizontal issues the range from issues like the fear of lose, guilt, pride, hope of personal gain, reputation, prestige and pleasure just to name a few. Being carnal in nature it is easy to find ourselves right I the middle of any or all of these motivators.  Jesus gives us insight about this in the parable of the sower found in Mark 4:18-19 here is part of the explanation he gave the disciples, “Now these are the ones sown among the thorns; They are the ones who hear the word, and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word and it becomes unfruitful.” I don’t know about you but that is where I live some days. Those are the motivators that keep us from truly serving God. Instead we bend to the flesh and serve our own desires. I am in this same boat and sometimes I fail just like you. Thankfully I serve a forgiving and loving God who because of my belief in His son Jesus allows me to make mistakes if I will just repent and ask for forgiveness.  I’ll share about vertical motivators later. I pray God Bless you and every person you come in contact with today and everyday. Remember you might be the only Jesus someone every sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!