Sunday, November 6, 2011

Prayer: What's in a Name?


9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

John 14:9-14 (NLT)

Do we know who we pray to? Is it important in our prayer life to know who we are praying to? Would you walk up to a total stranger and ask them for money, a car to drive, a place to live or food to eat. Maybe if we had reached the point that it was our only choice but for many of us that is how we treat God. We only turn to Him when we have nowhere else to go. He is our last choice and that comes from the fact that we don’t know Him or His word well enough to believe He is able. But when we know His word we see He is more than able and willing to provide whatever our need is. We must understand that as we pray Jesus is our intercessor to the throne of God. He has instructed us to pray in His name when we pray because in Him and through Him we are able to reach His Father because they are one. Jesus worked only the within the power of God and the Holy Spirit. Whatever He did was to bring Glory to God. It is so very important that we remember in whom we trust and what He has promised to do for us. It will require we know who we are asking for that help. Today if you are in need have you gone to the one that provides for your every need even when you have not asked for it? Have you ever considered everything you currently have is only by the grace of a God who loves you? Except for God’s Grace and Mercy we would all be lost. Take time to consider what Jesus has already done for you and thank Him for it today before it’s too late and it’s gone. God Bless you in whatever you do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!