Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankfully Praising God


1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. 3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. 4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. 5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. 6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord.

Psalms 27:1-6 (ESV)

You know God hears and moves upon the prayers of His people. God is so good to us and many times we take for granted all the prayers He does answer. We pray for traveling mercies and we arrive to our destination safe. We trust in Him to provide a solution to our problems whether financial, medical or personal and He does. We have food to eat, a home to sleep in and more stuff than any other group of people in the world. The question is do we honor Him for all he provides even when we are not asking or do we only go to Him asking for more and more never realizing the blessings He has already provided to us. I want to be the first to thank Him today for the breath He gave me and the strength He provides for me to get out of bed. I am thankful for the job I am going to and the finances it will provide but that is only possible because of Him. I thank God for my wife and my sons. I am thankful for the knowledge that they love and serve Him. I am thankful for the assurance that I will see Christopher again one day. I am thankful for the car I am borrowing and the house I live in. I am thankful for those who serve risking their lives for something greater than self. I am thankful for each person I can call friend and I am thankful for the opportunity to pray for them and care for them. I am thankful for a Church family that is about winning the lost. I am thankful for so many things. What are you thankful for? Do we need to stop asking for more and appreciate what He has already provided? My list of what I am thankful for is too long to share. But I am most thankful for a God who loved us so much He sent His only Son to pay the penalty for my sins. Knowing Jesus came to show the love of the Father should make all who call Jesus Lord Thankful for whatever might come their way because even in the darkest of times Jesus will light our way. I hope you have a song in your heart of thanksgiving today for what God is already doing as he prepares to pour more blessings on those who love and serve Him. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!