Saturday, November 26, 2011

Promise of Eternal Life


21 Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

John 11:21-27 (ESV)

I want to be honest with you I have had a tough couple of weeks. It has been a year since my son Christopher was called home to be with Jesus. I have mourned with my friends who have lost loved ones recently and I ask you to remember those you know who might be experiencing some sorrow from the loss of a friend or family member. But as I read this scripture I find hope for myself and those around me who are currently facing a holiday with an empty chair at the table. You see if your loved one had a relationship with Jesus they are not dead for Jesus promised those who believed on Him would never die. They are currently living with him awaiting our arrival into heaven oh what a glorious reunion that will be!

                That is why I have a burning desire to tell every person on the planet that Jesus is the answer to whatever questions, trials or troubles that might come your way. It only requires we accept Him as our Lord and Savior allowing Him the control of our lives. We approach this through prayer, bible study and Christian fellowship it is important that we grow closer to God through our relationship with Jesus. As we grow and understand what Jesus has called us to do we will grow to be more like Him. Things in our lives will change and the distractions of the world will lose their power over us and we will be prepared for whatever comes our way because we know the author and finisher of our faith. You see Jesus came to provide you and me with an eternal life with Him. His sacrifice has paid the penalty for our sin and His love for us is never ending. I ask you today do you know Him if not today is a great day to meet Him and to trust Him with your life. It will not always be easy but it will have the greatest rewards you can ever imagine. Have a blessed day as you trust Jesus with all your heart.

                If you have never trusted Jesus with your life today is the day. It is not hard it requires only that you do these 3 simple things:

Admit:  you are a sinner (Toughest Part If you have ever lied you are one)

Believe:  that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that He has come to pay the price for your sin by dying on the cross. That He arose on the third day and now makes intercession for you before God in Heaven

Confess: Scripture tells us to confess our sins and repent from them. Confession is done through our prayer and repentance is done by the changed life we live. The things that have controlled your life before will no longer control you if you are truly repentant.

If you are ready pray this simple prayer:

Jesus I am a sinner, I have come before you to ask for forgiveness. I have accepted you as the son of God and the forgiver of my sins. I desire a changed heart, mind and soul so that I may serve you. I ask that you show me how to live a life worthy of your sacrifice so I may grow to be more like you. Thank You Jesus for the love you have shown to me. Amen

Now if you prayed that prayer Please let me or someone else know we are to tell others about this decision. You never know what life you will change as you share the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!