Friday, January 6, 2012

God's Claim on You

1 Then another message came to me from the Lord: 2 “Why do you quote this proverb concerning the land of Israel: ‘The parents have eaten sour grapes, but their children’s mouths pucker at the taste’? 3 As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, you will not quote this proverb anymore in Israel.4 For all people are mine to judge—both parents and children alike. And this is my rule: The person who sins is the one who will die.

Ezekiel 18:1-4 (NLT)
Did you know God has laid claim to you. He is the owner and possessor of your soul. Whether you believe it or not He has laid claim to you. He has not only claimed your soul but every generation to come after you. Last night I heard someone ask during the prayer time that we pray for the God to remove the desire for mediocrity from our children and young people. I believe we also need to pray for the families if we desire to break this stronghold, but as I read this scripture this morning that came back to my mind. You see the proverb that God instructed Ezekiel to not repeat speaks of the very issue and to the heart of it. You see in our lives we have allowed a loss of value in ourselves that has been passed on to the next generation. What we have eaten our children now taste. It affects every level in our lives we have settled for less than what God has called us to and that is ok with us. Well our children see us living that way and they in turn are satisfied with being in some cases less than mediocre. The truth is though God is the only judge of our souls. He tells us in Revelation:

  15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.”

Revelation 3:15-16 (ESV)
He has called each of us to a purpose. We should desire to live our lives to fulfill that purpose to the best of our ability. After all He has provided power to you and me through the Holy Spirit. We recite this verse of Scripture but do we believe it.

13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength

Philippians 4:13 (NLT)
A life of mediocrity is not what Jesus has called you and me too He desires that we live a life worthy of the sacrifice He gave on the cross. Are you ready to break the cycle and live beyond what others and the world might think you are capable of? Each new day is a chance for you to prove the God you serve is able; and that you are more than what others may say or think. God has laid a claim to your soul and the life that you live should be to glorify Him in all that you do. I pray God gives you strength and encouragement to live a life of excellence as you walk in the Light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!