Sunday, January 8, 2012

Preparing to Worship


27 What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear! 28 “Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

Matthew 10:27-33 (NLT)

Good Morning this first verse seems appropriate as I write this in the early morning. I hope this finds you well and ready to go worship the Lord this morning. I was reading and the scripture really got my attention today. You know we walk around with so much worry in our lives that often it prevents us from truly being able to serve God. We are worried about issues that we honestly cannot control and all that energy is wasted on it. You know God has called us to do certain things trusting in Him is the biggest one. I know it is not easy to do but as a Christian it is our only real choice. You see when we decide to live our lives in our own understanding many times we are left only with worry and a feeling of nonfulfillment. From experience we are not getting the answers we need mainly because we are not asking the right questions? Or we may not be asking any questions at all we may just be demanding God do something about our situation. The scripture tells us that we are more valuable than anything else to God. He has claimed every soul as His and as long as we live in accordance to His word we will live. But in that living in His word we are to be about His business. We should be headed to church today with the mindset that God is worthy of our worship not that this is where I am supposed to be today. He has so much for you and has done so much that we should have the mindset to go and worship Him. You see corporate worship brings Glory to God in accordance with His word. It is your public acknowledgement of His lordship over your very life. Today as you awake and prepare to spend time in the presence of God ask Him to bring into your mind the wonderful things He has done for you. Allow those memories to drive your praise for Him today and truly worship Him in the Light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!