Thursday, January 12, 2012

Knowing God's Name


14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Psalms 91:14-16 (ESV)

What do we gain by knowing God? Have you ever really given it much thought? Well to start with we gain His love and protection. As I was reading this morning one of my devotionals was about the life of Stonewall Jackson and how he lived his life without fear of the future or even death. It quoted him as saying,” God knows the time of my death, I do not concern myself about that but to be always ready , no matter where it may overtake me.” He believed, “That is the way all men should live and then all would be equally brave.” (Tuley 2006) As I read that I had to think about where I place my trust. I have chosen to follow God wherever He will lead me. It has not always been easy; but because I know His name He has promised to love me, protect me and deliver me from my present situation and those to come. All he asks is that I stand firm in my belief of His might power and word. He has promised salvation for those who know Him. Do you know Him today? Does he provide your strength to get through each day, I pray that he does?

Lord I ask you to bless each individual as they read these words. Help them to understand you are there in every situation and are more powerful than all that might come against them. Lead them into your protection and give them a peace of assurance in their walk today through the light found in your word. Amen

Works Cited


Tuley, Terry. Battlefields and Blessings; Stories of Faith and Courage from The Civil War. Chattanooga TN: God and Country Press, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!