Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shadow of the Cross

21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.
1 Peter 2:21 (NLT)

I was given the assignment for my internship to write about this verse of scripture and my interpretation of it after reading In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon. If you have never read this book I ask you to find a copy and read it and ask yourself this very same question. In my current position in life what would Jesus do?

When I read this scripture I understand one simple thing. God has given me the perfect example of what kind of life I should lead. It will not always be easy but it will have the greatest rewards of anything I can do. In Genesis God created everything good; so that Adam and Eve would be blessed as they lived in relationship with Him. Sin entered the picture and marred that relationship. In this action suffering came into our world and as sinful creatures we each are born into suffering. Yet as followers of Christ; brothers and sisters of the son of God, we are given the power and strength to walk in accordance to the teachings and lifestyle that Jesus has shown us in His word. Jesus is the only example we should put before us as we attempt to walk a Christ centered life. We are not to emulate our pastors or some famous person on TV but we are to know Jesus well enough through His word and actions in the scriptures that we are able to walk in His shadow. As a child I always loved to walk in my fathers shadow always being sure that there wa sonly one being cast. You have probably seen children doing this before. Dad takes a step the child takes one trying to only cast one shadow that is what walking in the steps of Jesus should look like. When people see our shadow fall on the ground it should be the shadow of the cross they see. If we are walking in the steps of Jesus it will always include a cross. We must decide in our own lives what Jesus would do as we approach life and attempt to live it out bringing glory to Him. I pray that today as you interact with others you ask that question What Would Jesus Do? If you are unsure direction is found in His word. Get to know Him better so others will see Him in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!