Tuesday, January 3, 2012

God's Steadfast Love


8 In overflowing anger for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord, your Redeemer. 9 “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you. 10 For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,”

Isaiah 54:8-10 (ESV)

Today I am praying for Peace in the lives of those I love and care about. I am also praying that peace comes to all those who have chosen to serve God. I know that in many cases it is hard to find peace in the struggles of life. Each new day has its own trials and we may feel as if life is constantly on the attack. Yet I find comfort in the fact that God’s love for me is steadfast. When we look at that word we better understand what it meant for God’s love to be steadfast towards us. It means that it is fixed in one direction, it is firm in its purpose, and it is unwavering. God’s love is so steadfast that it is firmly fixed upon each of us; not in varying degrees, but equally as we will receive it. His love is so strong for you and me that He has promised not to remove it from us. You see in His love for us is where we are able to find peace in any situation.  You see my spirit is troubled today and I am unable to change what is causing that all I can do is pray God’s love and mercy is enough for me and those who are suffering. I know it can be but each of us must make the choice to accept that love and peace from God. It is always present but He has allowed you and me to decide if He will be our answer in times of trouble. I pray God blesses you today as you walk in the light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!