Saturday, January 21, 2012

Take a Stand


12 “I will search with lanterns in Jerusalem’s darkest corners to punish those who sit complacent in their sins. They think the Lord will do nothing to them, either good or bad.

Zephaniah 1:12 (NLT)

As I searched scripture this morning this really spoke to my heart. You see we live in a world today that has lost its fear of God. Simple put many of those who are in the world either do not believe there is a God or are not concerned with God because they have been taught that God is good and if they do more good than bad they will get into heaven. I am sorry that is not how it works. You see God is Holy and nothing impure can be in His presence. Nothing that you and I can do on our own can make us pure it requires a sacrifice of blood to cover up those impurities.

22 In fact, according to the Law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

Hebrews 9:22 (NLT)

Jesus made that sacrifice for you and me. I want to remind you of that today. You see we have lost our fear of God and the coming judgment. We have painted a picture of a good and kind God that loves everyone. What we fail to admit is He is a jealous God.

 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.6 But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.

Exodus 20:4-6 (NLT)

Each day we must begin by placing God in His rightful place. That place is in honor and reverence of who He is and what He has done not just for us but in all that He has done. Yet today many of us even Christians have no fear of God and live our lives as we desire Monday through Saturday going before an altar every Sunday acting like a good Christian should. In this lay the problem; we have placed our trust in our own ability, not in His laws and statues. Instead we have become like Israeli in the Book of Judges; when there was no king and each man did what is right in His own sight.  (Judges 17:6)

I ask you and pray that you come to understand that a fear of God is required of us as we serve Him. When we no longer fear Him who can destroy the soul we will allow everything that goes against His will to occur in the world. I leave you with this scripture found in Malachi.

 13 “You have said terrible things about me,” says the Lord. “But you say, ‘What do you mean? What have we said against you?’14 “You have said, ‘What’s the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying his commands or by trying to show the Lord of Heaven’s Armies that we are sorry for our sins? 15 From now on we will call the arrogant blessed. For those who do evil get rich, and those who dare God to punish them suffer no harm.’”

Malachi 3:13-15 (NLT)

Is this the world we have allowed to be developing where we know longer call sin what God calls sin? If so we must pray God will be merciful to us. There is coming a day when we will all be held accountable. I pray we are not found like the church of Laodicea.

 16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! 17 You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.

Revelation 3:16-17 (NLT)

I ask you to consider what sacrifice has been made for you and that you will grow in your walk with Christ as you continue to walk in the light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!