Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Do you trust God with your Life?


I was sitting here studying and looked at Facebook and realized how many times we put stuff out there for everyone to read but would not ever tell half of the people we have listed as friends. Then I got to wondering how many of us take that same amount of time talking to God about the trial or problem we are currently facing. I am guilty of it too so I am not casting stones just asking a question. God’s word tells us in Proverbs 3:5-6 that we are to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.” I can’t tell you why something is occurring in your life today; all I can tell you is, He is preparing you for more than you currently have right now.  Many times I have taken for granted the blessings he has brought into my life through trials I have been through.  I can only tell you that had I not known Jesus some of those trials would have taken my life from me. Because I had someone to help me carry the load I was able to come through it with understanding and a new desire to serve Him better.

            Jesus told the disciples in Matthew 10:16-22, what was going to happen to them as they chose to follow him. “16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. 21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.” You might think this is a little harsh in some cases but this was what occurred to every apostle and in the end it cost all but John their lives. I would guess that not a one of them would have lived or died another way. They were sold out to God’s plan. We talk about our short trials that we have in our lives and never give thought to the real possibilities that are available to us each day. All it requires is that we trust in Him. May God bless you; wherever you are in this crazy thing we all call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!