Monday, July 18, 2011

Who do you abide in?


Who and what do you abide in?

I was wondering if any of us realize just how important time alone with God really is. We are normal human beings and as each day passes we attempt to do so much more than God has designed for us to do in our own strength. We often take for granted that Jesus was human like us and had to spend time alone with His Father to do the works that he did. In John 5:19, “I assure you: The son is not able to do anything on his own, but only what He sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does these things in the same way.”  Do you want more power in your life? First it will require you looking for where God is working and joining Him in what he has in motion. Secondly it requires continuous interaction with God. You must always look at every situation with God’s eyes that was what Jesus did. He could see where God was at work and He went there. It was not always easy and in the end He hung from a cross for you and me.

He did not leave us alone though He sent a helper in the Holy Spirit and His word has survived every attempt for the devil to destroy it. In John 8:31, “If you continue in in My word you really are My disciples.”  I know for many of us it is not easy to find time to seriously get into God’s word but the rewards are worth the sacrifice. The more time you spend with God the more you will understand about who you are in Him.

Do you abide in Christ?

1.       Reading God’s word

2.       Praying that total depends on God

3.       Seeking God’s plan for serving

4.       Obeying God rather than people

5.       Listening to God and the wise counsel He has around you

6.       Trusting in God when your world has gone to pieces

These are just a few things you should see in those who have chosen to abide in Jesus.  They are not all but just an Idea of how to get started. Let me leave you with this scripture from John 15:1-8, 1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” We are just part of the overall body of Christ we are bound to Jesus as we go through our lives when we cut ourselves off from Him we become lifeless and produce no fruit. Have a blessed day. I recommend you spend more time with God than it takes to read a devotional if you really want to experience who He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!