Thursday, July 28, 2011

Giving to God and Family


                I woke up today thankful for all the stuff God has given me in my life. And as I was studying I came across this scripture and it spoke to me about what God expects from me. It is Mark 12:41-44 and it is the widow’s two mites.

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

            You know God really does not require a lot from you and me. He desires that we serve him and share the gospel with others. He desires for us to be willing to serve him wherever he leads us. Many times we are like the rich people who in an act of show; we come to church on Sunday morning so when people ask we can say, yes I go to church. I was once told that most of the people who claim to be Christians are CEO’s that means they attend church at Christmas, Easter and other Occasions that are Special. I want to tell you a relationship like that will leave you hurting when trouble comes your way. You will not have assurance of where you stand and what you believe in. I can testify to that in my own life so I am not speaking out of turn. I once heard a man explain this scripture in a simple way. Giving is not about the amount but about the sacrifice. How we give our money is only a small part of being an effective Christian witness. How we spend our time and other resources is most important. I understand schedules and outside activities time with your family but if your family time does not reflect Jesus in some way how will you deal with your kids when they start going crazy. Yes they will; we all did and so will our children. Take time to invest Jesus in their lives. That way when they are struggling through life or God forbid something happens you can have assurance in their destination. I hope you all have a blessed day and reflect on how much you are willing to give God are you sacrificing for him or are you just showing off to satisfy yourself and those who are watching. I pray God bless you as you go through your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!