Saturday, July 2, 2011

God's Power


We talked about hindrances to servanthood last week and I hope you were able to reflect on some of the things that may be a hindrance to you walk with God. But the scripture I wish to share with you today talks about the fact God supplies the power to overcome all the issues in your life that prevent you from serving Him fully.

Ephesians 4:1-5, “ 1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” I know not the scripture you were expecting. I love this scripture though it tells me that I am called to be God’s image bearer. Longsuffering tells me it will not be an easy journey. It also tells me that we are bear with (put up with) and to love one another. It confirms that every person who calls Jesus Lord is part of the body of Christ, but the best part of it is the promise at the end. I serve the one true God, who is above all things; every opportunity that comes my way God is watching over. He is through all things; every situation I might find myself in God is there with me. The best one yet, He is with me where ever I go even in my darkest hours and lowet places he walks with me. With His power available to me why would I be afraid? I want to encourage you to hold on to this promise. Deuteronomy 31:8, “8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Claim this promise that was made to Joshua and all of Israel for we are grafted into the family of God through our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Have a blessed day hope to see you Sunday morning at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!