Friday, July 8, 2011

Praying for The Lost


20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.24 Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!25 “O righteous Father, the world doesn’t know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me.26 I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.”
John 17:20-26 (NLT)

I want to ask you to be in prayer for someone you know or believe is lost and bound for hell. I was reading something yesterday and it made this statement we spend 99% of our time praying to keep saints out of heaven and 1% percent praying for the lost who are going to die and go to hell. In 2005 the death rate was 1058 people per minute worldwide, folks we have a lot of work to do lets allow the Holy Spirit to start working on those we love and want to see saved.
I have heard this about four times in the last week so I will share it. There is a medical condition that can affect your vision. You may have one eye that is near sighted and the other one may be far sighted. I never gave it much thought but without the right prescription you would live in a blurry world. I was reading some of D.L. Moody's writings and he told a story of a man who had this problem. His wife loved art but all he saw was a mess; until one day he went to see a doctor and he prescribed a set of classes to correct his vision. The next time he looked at art he saw the beauty in it and was so moved he built an art gallery and started to collect art. It is said in scripture that Lot had this problem not that his eyes were bad but that he could see the glory of God being worked out in Abraham's life but he saw and chose the quick easy world of Sodom. He was a righteous man who was vexed by the world. I am afraid to say it but I try to be honest there are days I can relate to Lot. How about you? I know we must live in the world to reach the lost but we must always try to be far-sighted about what is important. God does not wish that anyone should perish but He will not make you love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!