Monday, July 11, 2011

Ministry is working together.


Good morning I hope this finds you all well today and I want to start by asking forgiveness. I was looking at what I wanted to share today and realized that some may not be receptive to it. Especially if in some way I may have offended you or over stepped my bounds and said something that has hurt your feelings. If so I apologize and I hope you can forgive me for however I might have wronged you. The reason I needed to do that was I want to share how important it is for us to work together in ministry.

Ecclesiastes 4:7-12,

7 Again I saw something meaningless under the sun: 

8 There was a man all alone;
he had neither son nor brother.
There was no end to his toil,
yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
“For whom am I toiling,” he asked,
“and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?”
This too is meaningless—
a miserable business!

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

We are all given gifts by God so that we may do his work. Many times we try to do things that are not within our gifts and refuse to allow others to help us because we are afraid that someone else will do it better than we can. I hope you know that most of your great ministers and even business men are not gifted in every area. I have to tell you that if that is what you are afraid of you need to understand God gives you the vision for your ministry. Billy Graham will go down in history as one of the greatest speakers and evangelist of all times, but he did not work alone. He worked with a team he sought out those who could and would add to his call to minister to the lost. You must try to be willing to give others the opportunity to grow in Jesus and learn through doing. I learned something while I was in the Army that I have carried into every area of my life. When someone gives you a task it is your responsibility to complete it now you can delegate the work but not the responsibility. No matter whom you work with the responsibility remains on you. The scripture tells us something important; we need one another to do God’s work in the world. First we must start within our own church and then we must tear down the walls and begin working with other churches to reach into our community, state, nation and to the ends of the Earth. When we were in Tuscaloosa we went as the Men and Women in Action but we worked with Samaritan’s Purse every day. They had resources they just needed the manpower. Had they not been there we still could have worked but it made the load much easier to carry with their support. If God has laid a ministry on your heart and you are not sure how to go about doing it than find a few people and ask them to pray with you. If we need no other support we need prayer in every step we take as we attempt to serve God. I pray that God blesses you today and that He puts a desire within you to step out of your comfort zone and into His zone and follow where ever he leads today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!