Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Comfort and Peace


John14:26-27, “26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (KJV)

I woke up this morning thinking and praying for a dear friend who is sitting by the bed of a loved one waiting on God to call them home. I have experienced that and I have had one taken without warning and I have to tell you that neither of them are an easy way to say Goodbye. In my own life sometimes I wish things could have been different but we all must play the cards we are dealt. I assure you except the Lord sound the trumpet we will all experience death. But in the middle of that and any other part of life Jesus gave us a promise. There are days I really like; the King James Version of the Bible, it is the only version that calls the Holy Spirit by this title, “The Comforter.” I have read that so many times and each time it means more to me. When everything else in  our world looks bad I can hold to this promise that God has provided Peace to me through the Holy Spirit and Comfort for all of life’s experience can be found in that same Peace. I ask you to take time today to look for that peace and comfort that is available to you in whatever storm you are in. God has promised to be there for you. All it requires is that you trust in His Son Jesus and call on His name. He has done it for me and He can do it for you Have a blessed day in the Lord and may His light guide you and His spirit comfort you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!