Thursday, October 27, 2011

Discouragement Comes


Isaiah 42:1-4,

1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.
3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”

I am going to be honest with you right now I am feeling discouragement. Even as I attempt to walk in what God has called me to. After I taught last night I was honestly physically and emotionally spent. I can only begin to imagine what our Pastor has felt and wrestled with when he has taught on unpopular areas. Then more trials came this morning and sometimes it seems like it would be easier to quit. But as I was driving home I heard the story of Willy Mays on the radio. In his first season as a professional baseball player he struck out his first 37 times at bat. When he got his first hit it was another 39 times before he hit another one. He was standing in the locker-room debating on quitting because he did not believe he was good enough to be a professional player. When the team manager stepped in and said as long as he was the manager he was going to play baseball. Willy Mays went on to hit over 3,000 runs in his time in baseball. The discouraging start he had  could have stopped him but love and positive influence of someone else helped him to succeed. The scripture I shared is talking about the coming of Jesus and how he will not be discouraged or subdued by the world He will establish justice and set things right. I am going to accept the fact that He has called me and I am going to live under his word in Philippians1:6.” 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” I pray each of us lives to encourage one another and to lift each of us up in prayer. You never know who you might be helping. God has only the best in store for us as we walk with Him. May God Bless you and Keep you as you go through your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!