Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Are God's Judgments Empty?


Ezekiel 12:21-28, “21 The word of the LORD came to me: 22 “Son of man, what is this proverb you have in the land of Israel: ‘The days go by and every vision comes to nothing’? 23 Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am going to put an end to this proverb, and they will no longer quote it in Israel.’ Say to them, ‘The days are near when every vision will be fulfilled. 24 For there will be no more false visions or flattering divinations among the people of Israel. 25 But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For in your days, you rebellious people, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD.’”

26 The word of the LORD came to me: 27 “Son of man, the Israelites are saying, ‘The vision he sees is for many years from now, and he prophesies about the distant future.’

28 “Therefore say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign LORD.’”



            I am not sure why this verse struck me today but I had to share it. You know all my life even before I was a Christian I heard that God was coming back and I was always a little scared by the idea that I would miss it. To be honest with you though there was a time I did not care if He came back or not. I did not believe any of it to be true like many of you.
           We are not the first generation to wonder when or if God’s judgments are coming or if they are just stories to scare children to act right. The Jews felt this same way about the prophecies of people like Micah, Isaiah, and Jeremiah these men told Israeli that if they did not turn from there wicked ways God would remove them from the land and utterly destroy them. In Ezekiel’s time 593B.C. the vision was closer than the others. Babylon invaded and destroyed the temple in 586 B.C. I taught the other day about the Edomites and the judgment of their nation prophesied in Obadiah and that God would destroy them and remove them for what they did to Israeli. They are no more.         Folk’s time is growing short. I can say that because even those who do not believe in God have a clock (the Doomsday Clock) they are watching and its hands are on five minutes till midnight. We teach that God is not a respecter of personhood that if He has done it for someone else He will do it for you. That  principle applies, He will judge the world just as He has judged Israeli, Edom and many others found in the Bible.  We have been told the same and if the Lord does wait about His return I can tell you He calls people saved and unsaved home everyday. They go to be in Him or the wait on the judgment of God. We must be ready. I know this is not an uplifting word to some; but you know, I am looking forward to the day I hear Him say, “Well done My good and faithful servant.” God Bless your walk today. Allow His glory to shine upon your every step so you can walk according to your call.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!