Friday, September 16, 2011

The Great Planner


Proverb 16:1-3,

 “1 To humans belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue.


2 All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.


3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.


I know each of us has a desire to do stuff. Trust me I have wanted to and have done lots of different things over my life time. But for most of it I was left feeling unsatisfied and ready to move onto the next thing. It was only because I was looking at it from the wrong perspective. It might be hard to accept but where you are right now could be your own fault and more than likely is. Some of you won’t agree with this but if you have not seen the movie Madea Goes to Jail I have to recommend it. There is a seen in it that I will probably always remember. They are in a chapel service and talking about forgiveness one of the women starts about, “you don’t know what my daddy did to me” and Madea tells her the truth. The truth being that other people may hurt you but the choice to do right or wrong really falls on us as individuals. Life requires that we make choices that ultimately affect ourselves and those around us. Having that one last drink, premarital sex, driving too fast, smoking marijuana or even do I get up and look for a job, do I read my bible, do I go to church, do I pray to God about my life. My life is more satisfying today than it has ever been, yet I still might be doing stuff I don’t find enjoyable but I know I am attempting to follow where God is leading.  Making a plan is the beginning of getting through any project. To many people today have no plan for their lives; even their own plan, let alone one designed by God. I challenge you today to start looking at life from His perspective. God only desires the best for those who love him if you are like me and have been living your own plan out and it never satisfied you maybe it is time to talk to the great planner. I promise you it won’t always be gumdrops and roses but it will bring satisfaction and peace to your life. May God order your steps today and everyday to come.
http://youtu.be/WqOPVtw-Ud8 Order My Steps in Your Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!