Monday, September 26, 2011

True Worship


John 4:21-24, “21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

As I was reading this morning I came to this scripture and I began to think of some of the places that I have experienced true worship with God. Yes I am like most of you and have left the church on Sunday morning or night and could say it sure was a good service but when you stop and realize just exactly who we serve we should be able to celebrate the awesome power of God in any place we go. I can picture this morning missionaries around the world possible standing under a tree just sharing the gospel and worshipping God. I met a couple yesterday who a currently serving in Panama and they are sharing the gospel as the help install a water system. I think of the wonderful times I have spent in the woods under the pretense of hunting but those times have turned into quiet times with God. I do not say that you do not have to fellowship with others. You know it is important that we come together as a body of believers and participate in corporate worship. This is a time to uplift one another and bare each other up before God, but if that is all the time you are spending with God. You really don’t have a clue about who you are called to serve. The day you let Jesus into your life you were given power by the Holy Spirit. Now how much control He has is based on how much we are willing to give up. I really want you to understand that you are never alone once you have trusted Christ. He dwells in you and provides an opportunity to you to worship Him wherever you find yourself. Be it in a car driving to work or sitting in a deer stand or siting at a computer at 5:00 am, He is able to be there so it is alright if you desire to worship Him. Worship is your responsibility all that is required is you and your willingness to be obedient to the leading of the Holy Spirit. As believers in Christ we have that authority and right. Find time to spend with God today He is already there with you Your just have to slow down enough to hear Him. Have a blessed Day in the Lord and I hope each and everyone of you finds time to worship Him today He is so worthy of all our praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!