Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lady Wisdom

Some mornings I get up unsure of where to begin in my Bible. On those days I go to Proverbs and read the Proverb that relates to the day of the month. From there I work my way to other scriptures. Today I was reading Proverbs 8 and if you have never read it. I recommend you read it all. It is about Lady Wisdom, yes gentleman as much as it pains me to admit scripture portrays wisdom as a woman and she is present everywhere and always if we will listen to her.

Proverbs 8:1-3, “1 Does not wisdom cry out,
And understanding lift up her voice?
2 She takes her stand on the top of the high hill,
Beside the way, where the paths meet.
3 She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city,
At the entrance of the doors:

Now this is a personification of whom or what wisdom is. But if wisdom really is a woman than that explains why we do some of the stupid stuff we do as mankind. Men generally fail to listen to the women around them and end up in some sort of trouble. I am not putting one above the other I am just being honest I have failed to heed the warnings of my wife and regretted it numerous times. If you will be honest many of you have to. But that is just a part of what wisdom really is. In verses 12-14 we read of the benefits of having wisdom on our side.

12“ I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.
13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
Pride and arrogance and the evil way
And the perverse mouth I hate.
14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, I have strength.

As we gain wisdom and allow it into our lives we also gain prudence, knowledge and discretion. We learn in what to trust and who to trust we grow and become wise and have understanding of things around us and things on a higher level like salvation. With wisdom comes strength to do what is right even in times that no one else is doing it. As we gain wisdom we also understand that God even though He loves us should be feared for His majesty. When you look around you and you see the world that He created are you not just awestruck sometimes. I am. There are so many beautiful places and things to see that My God is an amazing God. There is a promise that is found in verses 17-21;

17 I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.
18 Riches and honor are with me,
Enduring riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold,
And my revenue than choice silver.
20 I traverse the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,
21 That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
That I may fill their treasuries.

As we seek wisdom, God shows that we will be blessed for it. I told someone yesterday that sometimes ignorance is bliss but today I have to apologize for that because with ignorance comes failure, lose and no fulfillment in life. We must seek wisdom to truly know and appreciate what God has planned for our lives. There is a difference between education and wisdom you can seek knowledge and never really gain wisdom. Wisdom comes from time spent in relationship with someone. You learn what your spouse or friends like by spending time with them not by reading a book about them. You will gain wisdom from God only in that same pattern you must spend time with Him to understand who He really is. Take time today to grow wiser spend some time with God today. He can show you things you can’t learn anywhere else. Have a truly blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!