Friday, September 23, 2011

How Shall We Live?


Francis Shaffer answered this question in a book but Paul answered it very well in just these few verses apply them to your life and see what changes may come.
Romans 12:12-21, “9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

You know I don’t know what you may be facing today. I wanted to share this with you. The book of Romans was written to guide and direct those who would read it. If we applied what these verses alone say could you imagine the world we might live in? If we really had a love for one another that was not biased but was only to desire the best for everyone we met sharing with one another so that no one did without. The line, “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation,” was what brought me to these verses today. I don’t know where your hope is and I can only imagine on what you might lean when you are in tribulation but I personally have to lean on Jesus. So as I serve him diligently, praying steadfastly, with an unquenchable desire to serve all those I meet I can only offer one hope; that He is real and He is here for you today. I can tell you He has carried me and my family through so much during the last year. You hear that God is not a respecter of person; what He has done for me He will do for someone else if they will only trust in Him.  As we walk through life we have choices to make each day we choose to love someone or hate them. We choose to make a stand for what is right or we give into what is popular. We choose to share with others or Horde it all to ourselves. The choice is ours if you call yourself a Christian do you are live your life? If tomorrow it was illegal would you continue to go call yourself one would other people be able to tell you are one? Lord I pray that your light shines through my life so much that no matter how dark the world. You will always shine out from those who trust in You. Have a blessed day be safe, love one another show people Jesus every chance you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!