Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do you know the answer?


Proverbs 30:2-4

2 Surely I am more stupid than any man,
And do not have the understanding of a man.
3 I neither learned wisdom
Nor have knowledge of the Holy One.
4 Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is His Son’s name,
If you know?

You know I have a lot in common with the writer of this passage. I have never claimed to be all knowing and or even very smart. I have proven on several occasions just how stupid I can be. I have never been able to understand why people do some of the things they do. I will see stuff and just wonder why. I have been in school and learning knowledge for several years but that is not the same as wisdom. Wisdom comes from experience; the more of it you have, the wiser you are both in life and in your relationship with God. In many ways this part of the proverb reflects life for most people who will be honest we live each day making mistakes and poor choices that leave us empty and desiring so much more than we have found.

So when I read verse four I am filled with joy. I actually can answer his questions. I know the one who came down from heaven and has returned and will come again. I know the man who is able to control the winds and part the seas. I know who is responsible for the creation of all the life we see around us and all the earth in its form. His name Is Jehovah, and His son’s name Is Jesus Christ. Now that may seem really simple but you would be amazed those who cannot answer that question. Now there are also those who have the knowledge of God but no relationship so they are missing who God really is. I am so glad that even in my ignorance I know who I can call on when everything else is gone. I hope you know him too. Have a blessed day and allow His light to shine from you to all those you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!