Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peace is Required



Proverbs 14:30, “A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots to the bones.”

In our world today sometimes it seems impossible to find peace. Each day we are presented with new challenges and trials. There is never enough money or time and something is always breaking. I understand that I live here to. If you are like me you long for those moments when the world is not screaming at you and taking up all your time. I once suffered with anxiety attacks because I could not find peace. So I have taken this word seriously in my own life. I would get so upset my heart would jump out of rhythm and take breaks between beats. Peace is an essential part of good health. When we live in a life full of stress and worry our bodies do not react well and we become sick with everything from backaches to cancer all of these can find their triggers in a person who lives constantly under the pressures of stress. The scripture is right about envy being a key issue to our lack of peace. When we see so-and-so driving that new car and we think we just have to have one or any other of a number of things that we may desire that someone else possess we will work to obtain it and that places more stress in our lives. I ask you today what that stuff will really provide you in the end. You can’t take it with you and we all will die in the end, it will be given to the next generation or sold to pay your bills.  But a peace that passes all understanding is found in contentment with the blessings of the Lord. I have no problem with stuff I have a lot of it myself but I understand it’s just stuff. It can provide enjoyment for a time but it to will stop working and it will have to be replaced. The Peace we really should be seeking comes not from this earthly stuff but from our Heavenly Father who desires to bring us into His presence one day. I leave you with this scripture. It is often quoted seldom applied.

Matthew 6:19-21, “19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”

Your health and well-being require you be at peace I pray God blesses you and brings contentment in to your lives so that you can always say you are at peace no matter the situation. May God bless you each new day with his love, peace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!