Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vengence is not Mine


Romans 12: 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore“ If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

This verse of scripture was part of the same chapter I was reading yesterday and I even started to leave it on the devotional. But I thought about how it was different yet the same it address an issue of how we should led our lives but it also addresses a point that each of us struggles with. I want to say it is an issue that we all have dealt with anger and vengeance we are after all just human beings. Sometimes the instruction Jesus gave was as foreign to us as human beings that I know I scratched my head a lot when first read the bible wondering if any of this was real. You know turn the other cheek and give away your cloak too. Many times in my own life that has been hard to do. But as I have learned to trust God more and myself less I have seen every promise come true. Each person that has wronged me in some way has come back to ask forgiveness and if they have not yet I believe God will deal with it in His time. I have had to change my way of dealing with things like that. I would cut you off and not talk to you, avoid you like the plague now I have learned as scripture says when you treat them as if Honey poured from your mouth they can’t stand it.

A side note Gideon understood how to deal with people that really did not like him. He would flatter them and show them how important they were and place their achievements above his own. In the meantime he could continue to serve how he was led. Each of us is called to a ministry. There are and will be individuals and groups that will stand in your way. I challenge you to adhere to scripture and give them to God continue to share love and kindness with them for God is the only one that can change a heart and mind.  The more kindness you extend the more God can use it to tame their heart and tongue. Have a blessed day in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!