Friday, September 2, 2011

Who is leading you?


Exodus 23:20-22, “20 “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. 22 If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.” This was a promise that God made to Israeli as they left Egypt and had crossed over the Red Sea. You know it dawned on me we have that same promise today in the Holy Spirit. Sometimes it feels like we are all alone I understand that I have felt that way. Israeli was marching towards a promise of a land flowing with milk and honey with a promise from God that he would protect them and gives them strength to overcome every obstacle. The verse goes on to share that God would drive them out over time because if he drove them out in a single year Israeli would not be able to maintain the land. You know that sounds a lot like how our lives work once we accept Jesus.

John 16:7-10, “7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

The Holy Spirit is not an angel but do you see he was sent to fulfill the promises of God just as the Angel in the Old Testament. Some would say the differences are great between the promises but they are very much the same to me. If we will take time to listen to the Holy Spirit and allow for Him to direct our every step than God will use it to empower us and guide us to a place he has prepared for us. “And if God is for us who can stand against us.” (Romans 8:31b)

Sometimes it takes time to reach sanctification just like God did not drive out all the people in one year because it would be too much for the Israelites He will work on us over time. Everything is in His power and controls so don’t allow the devil to lie to you about who you belong to. You are a child of God. Each new day will bring you closer to the place he has prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!