Thursday, September 15, 2011

Peace Be with You

I have been asked many times how I can have peace in my life with all that has happened and all that I am doing.  Does life not just seem to be so fast paced or that it’s just not much fun anymore. Do the memories bring you pain? The question I get the most is; how do people without Jesus get through trials that come in life. I can tell you I don’t have the answer to that question and praise God I don’t have to find out. I know my God is real and able to provide peace in all situations. There is a promise that I like to claim not that I have done anything to deserve it but it is found in Numbers 6:24-26:

24 “The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’


I have to say that one thing I understand about God is that if He has done it for one He will do it for another; He does not make a difference between you, me and Billy Graham as long as we are all calling on the name of the Lord Jesus, He will bless us and bring us peace. If we are willing to serve Him as we are called God brings peace into our lives no matter what the situation might be. In Romans 8:1-8 we find instruction about how we are to find peace.

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

Peace is found in freedom. Freedom is found in a relationship with Jesus Christ. A relationship with Jesus Christ brings you into relationship with the Holy Spirit who empowers you and me to live a life worthy of the sacrifice that was paid for each of us. I try to keep life simple the one truth I know is when someone else helps me carry a load it makes life simpler Jesus not only helps carry my load but he also carries me when I am too weak to do it. If you desire peace in your life, household, marriage even your job I challenge you to invite Jesus to be part of it. The reason the devil works so hard to keep Him out is because he knows that wherever Jesus is there is peace. Have a blessed day and May God’s peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!