Thursday, February 2, 2012

God's Grace and Mercy Knows No Boundaries

7 And crying out with a loud voice, he said, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me.” 8 For he was saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” 9 And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” He replied, “My name is Legion, for we are many.” 10 And he begged him earnestly not to send them out of the country. 11 Now a great herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside, 12 and they begged him, saying, “Send us to the pigs; let us enter them.” 13 So he gave them permission. And the unclean spirits came out, and entered the pigs, and the herd, numbering about two thousand, rushed down the steep bank into the sea and were drowned in the sea.

Mark 5:6-13 (ESV)

Do you ever think that God could not show you mercy and grace because you have done so many terrible things? Well I want you to really look at this scripture. It starts with a demon asking the question of Jesus, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?” I often believe as people we ask that very same question. We often accuse God of tormenting us as we go through our lives. Yet what we read and need to understand is God’s grace and mercy has even been extended to the demons from time to time. As Jesus dealt with these demons they beg Him not to send them away from this country they are in. They understood He had the power and they knew He could send them anywhere he desired. Yet he showed even them mercy. I don’t know where demons go when they are cast out but obviously it is someplace that even they don’t like.

We often claim God cannot forgive us because we have done so many things wrong but I want you to understand His mercy and grace are always available to any that will take it. You see He offers it to us all but many times we consider ourselves unworthy of it. I can stand on this promise; If He is willing to show mercy to demons how much more He will provide it to you. We have one more lesson to learn we must be willing to accept the grace He has offered us. If we continue to refuseto accept it; it might be too late. I challenge you to accept His grace and mercy as you continue to walk in the Light of God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!