Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stumbling in the Dark


14 And when he had come to the king, the king said to him, “Micaiah, shall we go to Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall I refrain?” And he answered, “Go up and triumph; they will be given into your hand.” 15 But the king said to him, “How many times shall I make you swear that you speak to me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord?” 16 And he said, “I saw all Israel scattered on the mountains, as sheep that have no shepherd. And the Lord said, ‘These have no master; let each return to his home in peace.’

2 Chronicles 18:14-16 (ESV)

Have you ever asked a question of someone expecting not to believe or like the answer that you are going to get. And you asked yourself why I even bother. Well that is how King Ahab viewed the advice and counsel of Micaiah. We probably all know people like that and we try to avoid them we much rather would hear what we want to hear and believe only what is going to benefit us personally. I have been guilty of that myself and so have many of you. The problem is though who are we trusting. I actually laugh at verse 15 when I read it. You know the truth is often sought but very seldom is it appreciated or even received by those who are asking for it.

17 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you that he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”

2 Chronicles 18:17 (ESV)

If you are asking people questions about your future are you sure in whom you are asking. Those who know God and are in His word will not be quick to give you an answer they will first ask you one question; “What does God’s word say about it.” My son thinks I am crazy when he asks me questions now because that is how we approach looking for answers in my home now. We must understand you will view life in only two ways; one is through the eyes of God and against His Word or through the world’s eyes. The world’s view is often a lie and it is like the rest of this testimony.

18 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left. 19 And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ 21 And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 22 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets. The Lord has declared disaster concerning you.”

2 Chronicles 18:18-22 (ESV)

The spirit of those four hundred prophets is alive and well in our world today. We see them on TV, read them in books, listen to them on the radio just to name a few places we encounter them.  When we refuse to consult God’s word about all areas of all life’s we are listening to the spirit that will lead to our destruction. I know it is not easy to make time to be in God’s word but only through reading it and applying it to your life will you be able to discern what He has called you to do in your walk with Him. I want to challenge you today to make your bible study a priority in your day. Without His Word you are walking on a dark path and when you walk in the dark it is easy to stumble and fall. I pray you find and use God’s word as a light to your path have a blessed day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!