Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hardened Hearts


7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says,
“Today, if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness, 9 where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years. 10 Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart; they have not known my ways.’ 11 As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest.’ ”

Hebrews 3:7-11 (ESV)

Have you every just been so tired that you felt as if you could not go any further or that the trial you have been going through is never going to end? I think there are times were we all face this issue. Often we begin to feel this way when someone is sick and we have prayed and prayed for healing and it has not yet come. Other trials can bring us to a place that causes us to question if God is real and if so why is he allowing this to happen to me. I want you to understand one thing that I have learned in my own life and it is a simple truth no one can tell you why these things happen. I never expected to lose my son when he was 18 years old. But in that lose, situation or trial whatever you might call it.  I had a choice to make and in your trial or circumstance you do to. Are you allowing your circumstance to harden your heart or are you willing to accept the Lordship of Jesus Christ who is the author and finisher of your faith. He knew before you were ever born that as you went through your life and made choices this situation you are in would be possible. It does not catch Him by surprise.  I have often heard people say, it would be easier to turn away from God when we struggle with life. We see others who are not following Him and they seem to be doing alright. I warn you don’t be fooled in the end the choices you make have eternal consequences.  It is not always easy to follow God to be honest sometimes it seems impossible but those are the times when we need to stop trying to live on our own and remember all that He has already blessed us with like the extra days we have had to spend with those we love. There are moments that he has allowed us to have a glimpse of His majesty, from the birth of a child to a wonderful sunset. And those are things that might be considered everyday occurrences by some.

I want to leave you with hope and a warning. If you have heard the voice of God in your life and have seen and experienced a relationship with him don’t allow your circumstance to harden your heart. If you allow it to become hard you will never find rest in Him. That’s not my opinion that is a truth found in His word. Israeli wandered in the desert for forty years because their hearts were hard and none but two who trusted in God saw the Promised Land and found rest.  I challenge you seek to walk and serve God in the light of His Word. He has promised to be a light unto your feet in those days that are filled with darkness. Have a truly blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!