Monday, December 26, 2011

Encouragement for the New Year


1 I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally.2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.3 In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.4 I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments.5 For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.

Colossians 2:1-5 (NLT)
As we prepare to finish out 2011 and bring 2012 in I want you to look at what God has done for you over the last year. In doing so remember what He is capable of and what you once were without Him. We must begin to look at what He has for us to do. He has presented us with standards for our lives in His Word and we must begin to apply them to our lives as Christians if we desire to see the changes in those around us. When Jesus ascended into heaven he promised us a helper and that Helper came in the form of the Holy Spirit. He is here to encourage you in your walk with Christ so you may have a full and worthy life in Christ Jesus. My prayer for you today is that as you look back over your last year no matter what might have occurred I challenge you to look for the Blessings in it. Take time to write them down They will be more numerous than you might believe and allow them to encourage you as you prepare to start a new year living in humility and service to Jesus Christ the only Son of God. I pray you find encouragement for your journey in His word and I will be here with you as long as God allows. May His peace rest upon your heart and May understanding and knowledge be yours for the work ahead of you so that others might come to know Him? Have a Blessed day in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!