Thursday, December 29, 2011

Something New and Better


14 This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“For your sakes I will send an army against Babylon, forcing the Babylonians to flee in those ships they are so proud of.
15 I am the Lord, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator and King.16 I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea.17 I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses. I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned, their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick.
18 “But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

Isaiah 43:14-19 (NLT)

I really love this scripture it is a scripture of hope and of promise. You see God had Isaiah remind them of where they were and what all He has done for them but then He tells Him Forget it because He has something so much better ahead of them. You may not have had the best year last year I know mine was not really how I ever planned it to be but He saw me through it. If you are reading this He saw you through it too. So we have something to celebrate as we close out 2011. We have said goodbye to loved ones who are currently in His presence, He has allowed us to hold on to those who doctors said would be gone by now and honestly they are fairly healthy given what’s going on. We have seen new babies born and some conceived that we were told could not be.  Yet as we enter 2012 I pray for peace for those who mourn, HEALING FOR THOSE WHO ARE SICK, Healthy, strong children to be born, Love for those who are lonely, strength for those who are weak, protection for those who serve and that God’s love will be shown by those who call on Jesus as Lord. You know He has promised so much more to us than we actually accept. We so often settle for what we can do instead of what He can provide. I never make resolutions because I always seem to fall short of completing them but this year I am resolved to live a life worthy of my Lord’s sacrifice on the cross. How about You? Will you resolve to live a life worthy of Him and His sacrifice? May God Bless you and Keep you as you walk in the light of His Word every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!