Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jesus the Teacher

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matthew 11:29

Who are you learning from? I know we have looked at this before but the more I read in this book by Andrew Murray the more I desire to understand the one I should model my life after. I will never be perfect I will make mistakes and so will you but the difference is how will we handle those choices. You see as Jesus' life went on he had many decisions to make. Have you ever wondered what would have happened if Jesus had not gone to the cross for us or if he had decided to withhold the healing power God had provided him with. Because it was just to inconvient at the time. Would Lazuras still be in the grave had Jesus not been obedient to His calling. You might even wonder why Jesus did not go to Lazuras before he died and healed him. Jesus gives us that answer it was so those who did not believe could be shown that the Son of Man had been given power over death itself. You see Jesus never claimed to do any of the miracles in His own power but in the name and glory of the Father. His power was given by the Father to glorify the Father. You see we often worry about what others think instead of worrying about what our creator thinks. Those around us here did not provide you with the power to complete what you are called too. If God has ordained you for a purpose we need to understand he will provide that power to us. If we live a life of humility as Jesus did remembering to always honor God through our actions than God has promised to bless us in the work He has called us to. i ask you today who is your teacher? If it is a mortal man he will fail you one day. If it Jesus and the Holy Spirit you will always be blessed. The most important part of understanding who Jesus is and how that applies to each of us is understanding His humility. He is the example of the proper way to use power and authority in every life. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!