Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Humility and Worship

5 Yet they say to each other, ‘Don’t come too close or you will defile me! I am holier than you!’ These people are a stench in my nostrils, an acrid smell that never goes away

Isaiah 65:5 (NLT)

In our churches to day do you ever run into that person who believes they can do no wrong? It’s their church not God’s and whatever they say goes. I have seen in my years many churches that are run in such a manner from either the pastor or the elders. Many of them have split over time and have created more churches. I can’t say if that is good or bad. The mind set the puts these things in to motion come from the disregard for the instruction of God’s word. Too many of individuals believe they can do a better job running the church than the individual God has placed as shepherd and too many shepherds have forgotten its God’s Church not their own. It’s the Holier than Thou mentality that cause such issues. Not selling the anointing that God places on people short but often because we are just Human beings born into sin pride creeps in and we allow it to take over. Jesus taught against such things.

9 Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: 10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector.11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer : ‘I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don’t cheat, I don’t sin, and I don’t commit adultery. I’m certainly not like that tax collector!12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luke 18:9-14 (NLT)

We must always remember God is sovereign He lifts up those He desires to promote and lays waist to those who He opposes. I would much rather serve Him in humility and live within His will than to have Him seeking to destroy me. You see if in the end we all will stand before Him and He will go through the Book of life and if we failed to live according to His word. He will tell you depart from me for I never knew you. We cannot allow our worry of what others think to keep us from the worship due God but it must never be about us in worship it must be about glorifying God.

In closing we have all heard this Proverb:

18 Pride goes before destruction and haughtiness before a fall.

Proverbs 16:18 (NLT)

Have humility in every area of your life especially in worship of God. You never know who it will affect and how it may lead them to the lord. Have a Blessed Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!