Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is Truth Dead


Is Truth Dead

15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do.17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world.19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

John 17:15-21 (NLT)

You know life is a humbling experience. I wish I better understood people today. You see I must not understand what Christ has called for each of us to do as Christians. I thought once we were called to serve God we would desire to live in the truth of His Word. But I am learning that is not something many people in or out of the church desire to hear. It is a hard thing to hear and understand the truth. We like to hear it but we do not desire that it be applied to us as individuals or those we associate with. I finally understand why you hear pastors always refer to other places they have been and not their current congregations. No one wants to admit when there might be sin in their own house. It brings a light to areas that we might not want to actually address or deal with afraid we might run someone off or hurt their feelings. Jesus prayed that we would not be lead into temptation and that we would walk and live in the truth of God’s word. When we fail to do that we are living a lie. I would much rather offend you today than to see you standing in Judgment and hear God say, “depart from me I do not know you!” You see that is what will happen if we continue to be afraid of the truth of Jesus Christ and the Word of God. We cannot allow individuals who call on the name of Christ to continue to live in a manner that dishonors God without addressing the lack of truth in their lives. I know that might seem harsh but we are allowing that when we do not look at those we love who are with us in church every Sunday and living like hell the rest of the week and address it and set standards of conduct. You see we will be just as responsible for our lack of love for our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ as we will be for each soul we meet on the street and fail to share Christ with. I know this might sound hard but I have to ask what stand we take in reference to the truth of scripture in our lives. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!