Sunday, December 11, 2011

He is Worthy of Our Praise


9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NLT)

You know I honestly believe we have forgotten what God has delivered us from. If we had not praise would come to us like water running downhill.  But instead we are all I included; worried about what sister or brother so-and-so might think or say about us; because we go to the altar or raise our hands in worship during service. You know the scripture tells us time and time again that if we will worship Him in one accord He will poor his blessing out on his people. I believe we are often more worried about the time and our standing with man than about the relationship we have with God. I was working out this morning and my IPOD was playing and the words to the song Alabaster Box by Cece Winans resounded in my heart today.

The second verse and chorus goes like this:

I can't forget the way life used to be
I was a prisoner to the sin that had me bound
And I spent my days
Poured my life without measure
Into a little treasure box
I'd thought I'd found
Until the day when Jesus came to me
And healed my soul
With the wonder of His touch
So now I'm giving back to Him
All the praise He's worthy of
I've been forgiven
And that's why
I love Him so much

Refrain

And I've come to pour
My praise on Him
Like oil from Mary's alabaster box
Don't be angry if I wash his feet with my tears
And I dry them with my hair
You weren't there the night He found me
You did not feel what I felt
When he wrapped his love all around me and
You don't know the cost of the oil
In my alabaster box

Cece Winans

What has God delivered you from? Is He not worthy of your praise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!