Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Our Rock for All Times

Our Rock for All Times


4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.”

Isaiah 26:4 NIV

A dear friend sent me a book yesterday; the year has been to say the least rough. It was called Tear Drop Soup. The book touched my heart yet what really spoke to me was to know that God has allowed me to build strong supportive relationships throughout my walk with him. It is wonderful to know years after I have left a church that people their still care about me and my family. We often take for granted those relationships. We all strive to build relationships that will last because we desire to always have someone we can turn too. I want to ask you are you in a relationship with God like that? Do you have a relationship with Jesus that allows you to turn to Him in any situation and know that He is there? We often want God to deliver us out of those situations and question Him as to why He does not. I have come to understand He is still present at least in the times I have struggled and worried the most but he truly desires for me to learn one main lesson each time and that is that I can trust in Him. So can you! When we look at the teachings of Jesus He shared a parable about where we should place our trust it is found in Matthew 7:24-27

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Matt 7:24-27 (ESV)

My only question for you today is what are you building your life on? The theme from Days of Our Lives just went through my head. Like sands through the hour glass these are the days of our lives or will you chose to build your life on the rock eternal. The choice is yours! Have a blessed day and make good choices today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!