Monday, April 16, 2012

Called to Speak Truth


6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7  not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. 10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Galatians 1:6-10 (ESV)

Good Morning and God Bless! Do you take criticism very well? I will be honest I don’t and most others don’t either but we must as Christians learn to allow people to have a voice about us and our walk with God. In doing this we can improve ourselves and really begin to grow to be more like Jesus. Now I need you to understand that the Gospel does not change so that people can be pleased or happy about what they are doing we must always remember the main purpose of the Gospel is to bring a changed life in those that hear it. Change does not come if what you present does not bring conviction on the hearer. That is why I believe it is so important that we ourselves spend time in God’s word allowing it to bring direction to those who read it. His word never returns void. You see we have an advantage that those in the early church lacked we have the Bible available to us and the Holy Spirit to guide us we are capable of learning and understanding what God’s word says so that when someone comes to you with a scripture from the pastor to the guy on the television or street we can open the Bible and read what God’s word really says. For those of us who teach and preach the word I want to warn you God states at the end of revelation this simple warning;

18 And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book.19 And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

Rev 22:18-19 (NLT)

We are called to speak the truth found in God’s word not our opinions of what we think. I know that may seem harsh and this warning is directly about The Book of Revelation but we should apply it to all of scripture. As a Christian we have the power of life and death in our tongues; if we use His Word for our purposes it will lead to death. If we use it as God desires it will bring Life. I desire to see God’s will fulfilled not that of my own or any other man but only to see God Glorified. Have a blessed day as you walk in the light of God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!