Friday, April 20, 2012

Nobody's Perfect Except One


9 Who can say, “I have made my heart pure; I am clean from my sin”?

Proverb 20:9 (ESV)

How does it feel to be perfect? I do not know personally yet we have all meet that person who believes they can do nothing wrong. Some of you might be that person. I saw that they have a new Television show out it called; Not My Child, the premise is that the parents get a rude awakening when the news reporters start busting these perfect children. Do you know any one like this? You know I know a lot of really good kids and some super parents but if we want to believe that you or your children are free from sin than we will probably find ourselves either very angry or in denial of the facts when presented. I can tell you from experience no one is immune to this issue. I have been guilty of it myself and when my oldest son was caught using drugs I had to go back and apologize for my failure both to him and to those who had called me telling me that he was involved in it. Yet I realized something that day. I realized the only real person who was sinless was Jesus Christ; in my anger I had sinned, in my disregard of Godly council I had sinned and for being negligent in my responsibility as a father I had sinned. But there is nothing I can do in my own power to remove any sin not mine or that of my son. I could forgive him but only Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross is capable of removing our sin from a person’s life.

20 Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (ESV)

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Psalms 51:5 (ESV)

14 What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous?

Job 15:14 (ESV)

Scripture tells us time and again that we are not capable of being good and that in our own flesh we will sin. Everyone does now and again; Jesus provides for us one thing we cannot give ourselves. He has presented forgiveness that covers our sin through His love for us. We may still sin, we are after all just flesh and bones but Jesus has presented each of us with an opportunity for Redemption, Justification and Salvation so that we may be found righteous before God not in our own righteousness but in His righteousness. You must trust in Him and His word if you desire to live a real life; a life lived apart from Him only brings death, no other name but Jesus can bring life and forgiveness. I pray you choose life with Jesus and may God bless you as you walk in the light of His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!