Monday, April 23, 2012

Zealous for God

17 Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord. 18 There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. 19 Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path. Proverb 23:17-19 NIV

I got up this morning a lot confused and seeking wisdom from God. I was not able to focus as I tried to study so I gave up and just began to pray for wisdom for a situation I have found myself in because the discussions from this past weekend have me wondering about my current relationships and place of minisrtry. But than something a man shared this weekend brought this verse to my mind. What we see in this is the wisdom of God no matter what others are doing around me in my salvation and zeal to serve God I should not worry about any of the issues that I see or hear of unless in the end it will bring disgrace to God and His kingdom.You see instead of desiring what someone else has been blessed with; saint or sinner, I must truly desire to do all I do to bring God glory; not for a recognition by men, but one day I will hear God say well done my good and faithful servant.

This promise found in verse 18 is where we must learn to take our stand that surely as he saved us and called us we have the hope for a future in his presence allowing God to assure us in or current situation, that those he calls he also equips for the work. And when the end comes there will be no fear of tomorrow. As we seek to listen to God's heart doing what he has called each of us to not desiring what others have our heart will be filled and it shall guide us down the right path. The path that eventually as the sun goes down on this place of shadows; we will arise in a place were only the true light exists. That light comes from the presence of God. We have been given a promise; that if we as children of God will live in obedience to His word we shall be eternally blessed. May God bless you as you walk in the light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!