Monday, April 9, 2012

Prepared to Worship

2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God’s fellow worker in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, 3 so that no one would be unsettled by these trials. You know quite well that we were destined for them. 4 In fact, when we were with you, we kept telling you that we would be persecuted. And it turned out that way, as you well know. 5 For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter might have tempted you and our efforts might have been useless. 1 Thessalonians 3:2-5 (NIV) It is often believed that pastors ministers and teachers are often thought to be indestructible by those that they serve. Let me assure you that is not true. The last two mornings I have really struggled with writing to you and I don't really know why. I feel as Paul does and wonder if your faith is where it needs to be and if I am in anyway helping to develop it so that you may one day walk in a closer relationship with God than you do today. I have been encouraged by those who tell me they enjoy reading it, yet I desire for it to have a much more life changing affect on those who read it. I hate to think that like Paul all the effort that our pastors and staff put into each of our lives is useless in the end. You see all the work they put into preparing for that few hours they spend bring you the word should just reinforce what you have been doing all week long. They spirit that inhabits our churches on Sundays and Wednesday does not reside there like gas at a gas station but you bring it with you as a vessel of God's Spirit everywhere you go. When we come together as a body of believers the Holy Spirit should be magnified just as if you throw gasoline on a fire it should flame up when we are all together worshiping God in one accord. The spirit that you carry with you is what you live under. If your depressed ,stressed and miserable than those are the spirits that control you and when you come into the house of God the hold fast and keep you from focusing on why you really came. Those who walk in that spirit will always have a complaint and I have been guilty of it myself. I pray this week as you go about your days you seek after Jesus as you deal with the trials of life. When we turn to Him trusting in the promises found in His word we will be empowered to do great works and bring Him glory. Do not allow the tempter to still your joy it was paid for at a very heafty price and we should not squander it for our own convenience and to avoid the attention that comes when we lives dedicated to Jesus and God. I pray that today you allow God's word to be a light unto your path and that we will all be willing to walk in it for His Glory. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!