Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Master's Workmanship


10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

Ephesians 2:10 (ESV)

When we look at this scripture in it we find a promise that each of us needs to hold onto as we go through life. It applies to all of those who have trusted Jesus as their savior. To be honest it applies to all those who do not trust him they just don’t realize it; that is that we are His workmanship. When we look at the word workmanship it means the product of an Artisan. You know what I mean; there are paintings like the Da Vinci's Mona Lisa or Michelangelo's Sistani Chapel ceiling that are masterful works of art and the workmanship of those items has amazed people for centuries. God created each of us from that perspective we are His masterpieces and as we live our life; if we will let Him, he will help us to become more like Jesus who is perfection.

Do you ever wonder what God created you for it’s alright if you do; sometimes we have to really let go of the wheel and let Him steer to get where He wants us to go.  Growing up I never really knew what I wanted to be. I was content to be mediocre I did not have a direction or goal. I did the minimum and was happy with it. That was in almost every part of my life. As I have gotten older I have come to understand that we should have direction and a focus in everything that we do. You might say well that’s easy I set goals for myself all time and that is good but to be truly honest God set the goals long before you and I came along. We find those standards of conduct in His Word. The problem becomes what parts of the bible you are willing to apply in your own life so that you can become more like Jesus. Often we desire to control our own life.

Let me close with these words from C. S. Lewis from his book Mere Christianity;

The Christian is in a different position from other people who are trying to be good. They hope , by being good, to please God if there is one; or—if they think there is not—at least they hope to deserve approval from good men. But the Christian thinks any good he does comes from the Christ-life inside him. He does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.

Powerful words to be sure Have a blessed day as you walk in the light of His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!