Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fruit Bearing or Dandelion


1 For you yourselves know, brothers, that our coming to you was not in vain. 2 But though we had already suffered and been shamefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict. 3 For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive, 4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

1 Thessalonians 2:1-4 (ESV)

Do you live in fear of rejection? Have you allowed that fear to prevent you from sharing the love of God with those around you? If so I have to ask you why? If you are a testimony to God because of  what he has done for you in your own life; should you not out of love for Him, be willing and able to share the truth with those you meet that are just like you once were. I can say that is one area that all most every Christian I know has struggled with at some point in time. You see it happens that we get comfortable in our relationship with God and we slowly begin to forget the mess He brought us out of. When that begins to happen we are much less comfortable sharing how awesome the God we serve really is. We grow comfortable and as contentment finds a place we try to separate ourselves from the world and in doing it we fail to do what God has called us to. This calling on each of us is to please Him by telling others about Him and the sacrifice of His Son Jesus. The last couple of weeks this question has really been hitting hard in my own life and also in those around me who are trying to serve God. The question is am I doing everything that I can to further the kingdom of God and if not what is keeping me from what he has gifted me for and called me too? As Christians; like it or not, you have been entrusted to spread the Good News of Jesus to everyone you meet. We do not all live or work at the same place each of us has been planted in the middle of a field that is ripe for the Harvest. My question becomes are you like a head of Barley left to provide seed for future generations or are you a dandelion that if left alone will slowly grow till it chokes the life out of all the beneficial fruit bearing plants out there. I pray you are prepared to spread seed and to allow God’s word to penetrate your life and mine so that with a good report people will see Jesus I us. Have a blessed day as you walk in the light of God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!